Who will be the next winner?
There are only few days left to the third edition of Global Denim Awards, the world’s premier platform for the future of denim design, sustainability and craftsmanship, that will take place on October 26th, 2016 in Amsterdam. After the success of the previous editions, the event has turned into a worldwide meeting for denim professionals that find here an important occasion to meet fashion designers and mills and know the news for the future.
How does it work? Eleven paired fashion designers and denim mills present their co-created capsule collections but only one couple wins. Sometimes the partnerships continue, as it happened for Tailor Sartoria Diletto and mill Candiani Denim that are still working together.
The 11 collections resulted from the collaborations between mills and designers will be judged by a jury of international denim experts on the overall look, the innovative nature of the design, and the creative use of denim. The designer of the winning collection will receive a €10,000 award, made possible by e3 Cotton which promoted the Global Denim Awards. An additional award goes to the mill with the most innovative fabric. The winning collection will be exhibited at Kingpins Shows in New York City and Hong Kong, before returning to the Netherlands for Amsterdam Denim Days 2017.
Mills and designers come from all over the world. Here there are the 11 couple chosen for this 2016 edition:
1) Marina van Dieren and Christina Albrecht (The Netherlands/Germany) with Advance Denim (China)
2) MariusPetrus (Belgium) with Atlantic Mills (Thailand)
3) EdithMarcel (Italy) with Berto Industria Tessile (Italy)
4) Outkastpeople (Turkey) with Calik Denim (Turkey)
5) Lavinia Mustapha (Italy-Lebanon) with Candiani Denim (Italy)
6) Anbasja Blanken (Curaçao) with ITV Denim (Italy)
7) Tess van Zalinge (The Netherlands) with Knitdigo (Taiwan)
8) Lisa Konno & Karin Vlug (The Netherlands) with Prosperity Textile (China)
9) Roosmarijn Koster (The Netherlands) withArvind (India)
10) Deniz Gür (Turkey) with Kipas Denim (Turkey)
11) Leandro Cano (Spain) with Tejidos Royo (Spain)
Who will be the next winners? We have to wait for the decision that the jury will make. Who will be the arbiter elegantiae? Alex Jaspers, Amy Leverton, Art Comes First and Kelly Harrington will make the hard decision.